Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blessdog
Reel Rookie

New player - Unlinked previous 1 and locked up (free) subscriptions / how do I get them back now?

Jump to solution

Pretty simple and not the end of the world ;O I just replaced my ancient and venerable Roku 2 (!) with a Roku Premiere 4K. When I activated the new device, I realized that some channels, or specifically Roku themes  that I was using with my Roku 2 weren't available on the new device (activation failed and the icons were greyed out.. When I looked for them on my account online (channel store), it said they were "installed" (red text/un-clickable). Then I mistakenly unlinked my Roku 2, even after reading that I would have needed to uninstall them before I unlinked it (how, I don't know).
Anyways, I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum...I'd like to be able to use those themes again if possible.
Thanks for any advice...

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New player - Unlinked previous 1 and locked up (free) subscriptions / how do I get them back ...

Jump to solution

@blessdog

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channels and themes are linked to your Roku account and will be available on all Roku devices linked to your Roku account as along as the channel or theme is supported on that Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New player - Unlinked previous 1 and locked up (free) subscriptions / how do I get them back ...

Jump to solution

@blessdog

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, if a channel/theme states "installed" on your Roku account, then those channels/themes will be available to all of your devices linked to your Roku account. If a specific device is unable to access those channels/themes, then they are not supported on that device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@blessdog

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channels and themes are linked to your Roku account and will be available on all Roku devices linked to your Roku account as along as the channel or theme is supported on that Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blessdog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help me, Danny - All I want to do is install and use The Nature Theme Channel and the Zen Theme channel (both listed as Roku themed wallpapers in the channel store) on my Roku Premiere+ player...just as I was using them on my Roku  2 player that I replaced and unlinked from my account (also removed those channels from that device, not that it should matter). The problem doesn't appear to be that they aren't supported by the Premier's operating system (I doubt that) - rather that they are locked in the "installed" condition when I visit their details page at Roku.com (logged in). Roku technical support thus far has been useless in helping me solve this...over the course of two "tickets", the first of which they apparently abandoned. Seems like they just have to find a way to unlock those channels on the Roku server end of things...oh well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@blessdog

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, if a channel/theme states "installed" on your Roku account, then those channels/themes will be available to all of your devices linked to your Roku account. If a specific device is unable to access those channels/themes, then they are not supported on that device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos