Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New device won’t set up or update

We just bought a new Roku Le. Every time we try to set it up we get to the part that says it going to update and restart. So we don’t touch it or anything and it just starts all over again, so it’s just a cycle that we keep repeating. I tried to reset it on the device, but nothing happened. It just keeps going in a loop.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New device won’t set up or update

@somethingsumtin 

I think the Roku LE is the same as the Express model 3930 (same device, different name). It's a 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g/n) wireless device. Some have reported issues with the model 3930, but they weren't widespread.

If you can check your wireless settings to see if your ISP has you set to g/n instead of b/g/n, changing to b/g/n may resolve. I don't have much confidence in that, but it's worth consideration.

You may want to try another reset. Be sure to press the button/pinhole for at least 30 seconds to get a full factory reset with power applied.

Another option is to try to connect to your phone's hotspot to complete setup.

I never picked up what was the causes of the issue with the 3930, but these different suggestions had some success with some users.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos