Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khenson
Channel Surfer

Re: New device error code 006

Hi, your best option is to return the TV. You won't get a fix on it. Trust me. I've tried everything. Unfortunately I cannot return my TV so I hook an HDMI cord to it and stream off my laptop. 

Good luck! @Nyota961 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Nyota961

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Danny my roku is having the same problem won't update software my email is [personal information] n my roku serial number is S009316GWHA7 Model: 3930X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @captainnefario2

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Please also reply here showing the error on your TV screen. With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gregdadof3

Hello. Just bought a new Stick 4k. Agree with all other posters on this thread. Support page is worthless when the device doesn’t work properly. My WiFi is great. Downloads to 100% then says it failed because the verification failed. error 006 purchased at Home Depot. SN:S08y41ajf558  email me at [personal information] Greg

0 Kudos
Gregdadof3

SN S08Y41AJF558

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Gregdadof3

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you try connecting to different wifi or mobile hotspot then update your Roku device once again? Let us know if there's any difference after. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos