Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regan1

Re: New device error code 006

Mines doing the exact same thing. I’ve tried everything 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Regan1 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DiOr

Pusimos reset y todo funcionó normalmente.

0 Kudos
Khenson
Channel Surfer

I too have been having the same problem. No matter what wifi I use.. it keeps showing the same error code 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @

Thanks for the post.

This error code usually indicates that the update failed because of verification failure.

For troubleshooting steps, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Khenson
Channel Surfer

Trust me. I've done all the things suggested besides a manual update. As I don't have a computer to download the update onto a USB drive. This all ridiculous. This TV was a gift so I don't have the receipt to exchange it 😑

0 Kudos
Khenson
Channel Surfer

Also, as you can read in the link you gave me. It says nothing about the error code 006 or how to fix it. This gets more and more frustrating that no one knows how to fix this. Or no one is giving us anything that works. 

I have this problem as well and your support page is worthless.  I have tried everything and contiune to get the same result, sometimes an error code of 005 instead of 006 but predominately 006, verification failed.  Why is there no support phone number to call?  I'm about to just send this thing back and get a Firestick.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@mdjohnsonpilot wrote:

I have this problem as well and your support page is worthless.  I have tried everything and contiune to get the same result, sometimes an error code of 005 instead of 006 but predominately 006, verification failed.  Why is there no support phone number to call?  I'm about to just send this thing back and get a Firestick.

Posting to support boards works better when you state the specific problem you are having with detail(s).

There is a support phone number for billing/accouut issues and first time setup/activation issues: 

(816) 272-8106  Choose option 2

0 Kudos
Nyota961

Hi Roku,

I have the same problem as the previous customers had expressed here. So, I bought the Roku Stick (Roku Player) recently and I've been trying to set it up. However, it keeps bringing error 006. I've restarted my wifi router several times, the stick several times, connected the device to a mobile hotspot. But nothing is working.

I've tried to figure out how to send dm you my details and I have been unable to do that. Kindly assist. 

0 Kudos