Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New device error code 006

I just bought a new express + off eBay. During setup it needs to update, but it jumps during the update from 9% to 60% then when finished gives me an error code: 006. Says failed because verification failed. Did I buy a bunk device or what? The signal strength is 4-5 bars. I've hard reset a dozen times. I've tried pressing home 5 times, fwd 3, rewind 2. And updating from there. Same thing. When I start the device it syncs my remote, asks me language preference, has me connect to internet, checks for update, and error. I can't go through the device.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New device error code 006

@HauntingBeauty 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This error code usually indicates that the update failed because of verification failure.

For troubleshooting steps, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YorkRoad
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing this identical problem. The customer service chat was worthless. There is no call center to contact. Very frustrated. Also, posting the generic troubleshooting link is not helpful 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@YorkRoad 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post for troubleshooting information.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YorkRoad
Reel Rookie

Thank you for posting and referring me to your previous post. As I indicated in my post, your original direction to your troubleshooting page was not helpful. I reviewed that prior to posting here 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@YorkRoad 

Thanks for the update.

I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update your device. Then once your device has been updated and setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YorkRoad
Reel Rookie

I tried that this morning. It did not work 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@YorkRoad 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CP2020

Is there any solution to this? We've tried everything. Factory reset, connecting to different networks, hotspots, rebooting router etc.  No success. Error code 006  @RokuDanny-R 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CP2020 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This error code usually indicates that the update failed because of verification failure. For troubleshooting steps, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos