Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leenie2500
Level 7

New Streaming Stick stopped working

My 3 month old Streaming Stick has suddenly stopped working. The Roku buttons have no effect starting the TV or moving to any options. I tried the listed Support fixes; Restart, Re-pair, Replace Batteries. I can start the TV with that remote and "Roku" starts its dance and then I see the Home screen. But that's it. I shouldn't have to buy another Roku but don't know what the next fix is. Help please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
norcaljohnny
Level 11

Re: New Streaming Stick stopped working

Sounds like you need to perform a factory reset and the remote is not the real issue.

1. Find the reset button on your Roku Stick. The button should be located somewhere on the back of the device. ...
  2. You will have to keep the button pressed for around 20 seconds.
  3. After 20 seconds, the light will start blinking.
0 Kudos
Leenie2500
Level 7

Actually, I tried pushing the reset button which is below the batteries. In theory the light would come on but it never did. I tried it a few times for at least 30 seconds.

Any other possibilities? It's just dead despite new batteries.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

That is not reset button in the battery compartment of the remote, its pairing button to pair it a roku device. It doesn't reset a thing. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
norcaljohnny
Level 11

II was talking about on the stick itself not the remote. I assumed since you had remote issues that going through the Roku interface to factory reset was not an option.

Notice fig. C for reset 

0 Kudos