Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku express wont stay on

I'm having an issue with my brand new Roku Express... it won't stay on long enough to set up. It is plugged in using the correct adapter and it gets to the jumping Roku thing and then... just turns off. Everything is connected and no red light. Did my family waste money buying this for us?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku express wont stay on

*update* plugged it straight into the wall and still will not stay on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

*update again* The Roku Express now refuses to even try to power on and the power wire included will not transfer power. No words will power this box now. Waste of my family's money, what a joke!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Taylor16 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It seems you may have a defective unit. We recommend taking it back and exchanging it for another unit.

If you purchased it online through Roku, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos