Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fatherdoolz
Level 8

Re: New Roku Premiere won't give me an activation code

Jump to solution

Did you send it back and get a new one? As far as I know that is the only solution.

0 Kudos
Abalisa
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got mine working by fluke after a week of trying on and off. But of all our devices it has the most streaming issues. Xbox & tablets stream better than this thing.

0 Kudos
Ross611
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try connecting your tv to your router through Ethernet (wired connection using the yellow cable). This should get you through set up, update and activation. Depending on where your router is, you may have to move the tv to it. Once activated and setup completed, you can go to SETTING and set up wireless connection, or stay with Ethernet. Good luck!

DAVIDMOM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks may have to do that tomorrow,we are stuck in update mode... Even after rebooting both router and Roku premiere...

0 Kudos
Ross611
Level 7

Jump to solution

Try unplugging your tv for a few minutes. This should cancel the update and give you a fresh start again. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DAVIDMOM 

Thanks for the post.

We would also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your all setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
zipsma
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. Have done multiple factory resets, have rebooted the router. Set up screen confirms connected to wireless network and internet, I just can't get the activation code. Twice, I HAVE gotten a code, gone through all the steps online, and the page still doesn't update, and goes back to message saying get a new code. So I've already entered two codes and finished set up, and it's still not activating. Beyond frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@zipsma 

Thanks for the post.

As recommend in my previous post, try to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your all setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Azzamean
Level 8

Jump to solution

DANNY JESUS CHRIST CAN'T YOU SEE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONNECTING TO OTHER NETWORKS AND IT DOESN'T WORK!

ARE YOU TROLLING!?

Dwog
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I assume this was never resolved? I also have a Roku premier I’m trying to get set up with no luck and there appears to be no responsive support