Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Express freezes after downloading the update

Jump to solution

@Edart777 @Travel_Jack @BJHorowitz 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your device. Then once your device has been setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I don’t think you read my post. I’m in a hotel room and my device is stuck in an endless loop. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Travel_Jack wrote:

I don’t think you read my post. I’m in a hotel room and my device is stuck in an endless loop. 

It might be the HDMI cable that came with the Express. It's cheaply made. As for using the Hotel WiFi, you might want to try using your phone as Hotspot temporarily. All you need is to get past the initial setup then you can move it to another TV. 

After rebooting it tries to sync with the TV for resolution, then connects to the internet for TV app updates.  I have two Expresses, and have had issues with the initial setup, but after getting them past that, they work fine.  I think you mentioned you purchased the Express from Best Buy, if you do bring it back to them maybe have the Geek Squad get you through the initial setup. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Travel_Jack 

Thanks for the information.

In addition to what @CodeButcher mentioned, please be aware that if you are in a Hotel room, you will most likely need to use the Roku Hotel & Dorm Connect feature. Please be aware that the Hotel & Dorm Connect feature will only work on an already activated Roku device.

For more information about the Roku Hotel & Dorm feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the exact same issue with no luck Smiley Sad

Mine is Roku1 which I am using it after a very long time.. And unable to find Roku support to solve this issue for me.

Do you still have the issue? can you please update. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here's the exact issue I'm having..

I am using Roku for the first time.. I got the Roku logo screen then select your language then my wireless connectivity with all three green signals.. and then it goes to update the software 100% completed and restarting and then back to Roku logo screen and after a while it shows the blank screen. And it does repeat the same steps all over again i-e

Roku Logo screen
Select your language
Wireless connectivity
Updating the software & 
Restarting

and then the same steps again and again...

Need help on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dilsaz 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and finish setting up your device. Then once you have setup your device, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response! @RokuDanny-R 

Yes I changed the network to mobile hotspot and also the reboot of both wireless router and the Roku device. And my wireless and Roku device are side by side.
I even changed the HDMI cable and the HDMI port as well. 

I tried everything but no luck Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Dilsaz 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

[post edited]

CK3842347172

Model4660X2