Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sean77
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

Just came home with my brand new Roku Ultra only to not be able to get past the update like mentioned above. Very frustrating...... everything else connected to the router is working besides the Roku. Guess I'll be sticking with DirecTV a little longer after all 🤦🏽‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dbsand
Level 7

trying to install Roku premiere will not let me get past software update, keeps repeating update

Jump to solution

trying to install Roku premiere will not let me get past software update, keeps repeating update and will not let me get to link code

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sean77 @DLC_Photo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device? I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@T1manit0 @novak92698 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rycase
Level 7

Re: trying to install Roku premiere will not let me get past software update, keeps repeating update

Jump to solution

Same issue, need some help, how do I contact customer support?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: trying to install Roku premiere will not let me get past software update, keeps repeating update

Jump to solution

@Rycase @dbsand 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device? I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rycase
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nothing works, is it a bad device or is it a problem on Roku's end? Has anyone else on here had any luck with it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Haley1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi everyone. I ended up calling roku customer service and they walked me through fixing the device. It now works perfectly. However, when you call you will have to say you have a different roku version on the automated prompts because for some reason it says the premiere isn’t available for customer service support. I chose a different model, got through to an agent, and they were easily able to assist. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
novak92698
Level 7

Jump to solution

What phone number did you use? I have been searching and couldn't find one.

What did you have to do to get it working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
phueal
Level 7

Infinite restart loop after downloading updates

Jump to solution

I have just tried 3 new Rokus (2x Express, 1x Premiere), and posting this in case it helps future users. All three had the exact same issue.

All would progress perfectly well through the initial setup screens: language selection, WiFi network selection, and then download updates getting up to 100%. It would then install the update and restart; however after restarting it would be back at the language selection screen, and this would go on ad infinitum - there was no way to progress past the update screen.

0 Kudos