Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

@countryangelz 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Software update repeatedly takes me back to beginning of setup

Jump to solution

@Kevjohn 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problem as everybody else, have tried a mobile hotspot and restarting the roku and my router. Plz help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kaelidoscope 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? We would recommend the latter.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also am having the same issues as everyone else seems to be. I've reset the router and the device (Roku SE) multiple times and tried to connect to a mobile hotspot. No luck. Is  it because of the age of the model? I just took it out of the box to try to set it up for the 1st time.

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Smoke_1 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos