Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Updating issues

Jump to solution

@CodeButcher I have a samsung tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. It constantly restarted after apparently installing the update, then went back to the language selection. I have very high speed broadband, but after about 20 failed attempts, I decided to use my phone as a hotspot and connected to that. It was a bit slow, but lo and behold it actually worked. I left it on that connection to download all the TV channels and it did so successfully. As an additional precaution, I rebooted my router and restarted the Roku stick. On restart, I reconnected to my broadband, as opposed to my mobile hotspot. It has been working perfectly ever since. I hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Updating issues

Jump to solution

@Alexandria56 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

setup roku SE endless cycle

Jump to solution

I have a roku SE I am trying to setup. It does an endless cycle of selecting the WiFi, updating, resetting itself, asking for the WiFi again, updating, and resetting again. What should I do to get it to work?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: setup roku SE endless cycle

Jump to solution

@Ruku87878787 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku never ending updating

Jump to solution

My Roku I purchased for school I set it up with my school WiFi that we have specifically for these items. I know we have WiFi for the fact we have routers in every dorm room. But as I’m setting it up I’ve at least been through 50+ updates and at this point I’m not sure what to do it’s been days and right when you think you’ll be taken to the home page it starts the set up all over again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New Roku never ending updating

Jump to solution

Try using your phone as a hotspot and connect to that just to get through the setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact problem and I’ve tried everything, hotspot, reset the Roku and router for the wifi, nothing is working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kloverjohnson 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have just taken delivery of a Roku Express from Amazon and it is displaying this issue. After several frustrating hours trying the various fixes suggested here (none of which worked) I have given up. It is going back to Amazon tomorrow. I will purchase a rival product instead. 

0 Kudos