Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Defective Roku after software update

Jump to solution

@Matt22 @Bookimdano62 @Summer11 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your device. Once this is complete, you can then connect back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I connected to a hotspot and both networks in my house and got the same results each time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Matt22 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Defective Roku Express after software update

Jump to solution

It ended up locking up on the Roku logo screen. Tried to re-set it but it wouldn’t do anything. Ended up returning the item to place of purchase and getting the Roku streaming stick plus. Connected. It to my tv and had it up and going within minutes. Thanks to everyone who tried to help on this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Installing for first time and screen is stuck on Software Update. Please wait do not remove power...

Jump to solution

What do I do now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

Exact fix! 

I renamed the 5g to different ssid and the roku finished the update and ran fine

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just purchased the Roku Streaming Stick+ today and have spent the last 4 hours trying to get it set up. It connects to the network fine, says it will do software update and restart. It completes the update, restarts, and then goes to a screen with ROKU bouncing around. After a second or two, the screen goes black and then sometimes it goes to a pink screen before looping back to the Get Started Menu. I have restarted the router/modem, as well as connected to mobile hotspot. Same issues continues. I have also taken the Roku stick out of the tv, replaced it and tried the process over again. It continues to loop back to Start Menu after updating every time! Please help, as this is a Mother’s Day gift for my Mother & I’m to the point of complete frustration!

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Firegurl 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I've called element tv and they had me do a hard reset and draining the power. Still stuck in the startup loop 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is your Roku power supply plugged into a power saving outlet, like TrickleStar, by chance? https://www.tricklestar.com/ts1104-7-outlet-advanced-powerstrips.html

0 Kudos