Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbronn
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

How do i send you a pm? I have the same exact problem with mine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kbronn 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
amynzeke-bh
Level 7

Re: Infinite restart loop after downloading updates

Jump to solution

I have tried to do all that is recommended to do. I am about to give up. I have another #Roku and we are having to switch it from the bedroom to the living room and it it getting to be a pain. As far as I have seen there is no direct phone number to customer support. Is there one that I have missed?? Please advise

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
amynzeke-bh
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have now drove to town to purchase a streaming stick and the same problem is happening. I have tried all of the ideas that I have read about, I have sent the private messages, tried different wires, reset my router, tried different tv's everything, I am at my wits end, someone please help me!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@amynzeke-bh 

Thanks for the posts.

I have responded to the PMs that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Escorp99
Level 7

Re: setup roku SE endless cycle

Jump to solution

This is beyond frustrating! I've been at this for two days already, with no avail. Tried all the suggestions in this forum, rebooting both modem and the stick, trying to go through my iPhone (updating took forever), just to be brought back to point one. I will be returning this device. 

0 Kudos
CodeButcher
Level 9

Re: setup roku SE endless cycle

Jump to solution

@Escorp99 wrote:

This is beyond frustrating! I've been at this for two days already, with no avail. Tried all the suggestions in this forum, rebooting both modem and the stick, trying to go through my iPhone (updating took forever), just to be brought back to point one. I will be returning this device. 

You did not mention if you used a different HDMI Cable.  Also what brand of TV are you trying to update with?

0 Kudos
Painin
Level 7

Jump to solution

I recently struggled to get my new Roku set up to my projector and couldn't get it to update. I tried EVERYTHING and spent a really long time. Eventually I moved to a different TV and was ableto update it. I think it was either the light from the projector  or the fairy lights in my room that caused interference with my signal. Once I moved it away from the decorative lighting my signal was fine. Hope this helps someone. 

0 Kudos
Spartywrx
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep same problem here. New premier bought from target. Right out of the box I got the software update loop. Multiple wireless networks, etc no avail. Factory reset button did the trick. 

Not good Roku! At least mine is working now. I was 2 min away from returning it.

0 Kudos
Surfrescue
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same issue. on Roku 3 model 4200R on original software had same issue. i was gifted it 5 years ago and never pluged it in untill now.

i was connecting it to a tv That only supports 720P (sick of my firestick being chopped off at the edges becasue it has no screen size adjusment! But i digress...

my internet was wifi 5Gig 802.11AC and 2.4Gig 802.11 N to ATT Fiberoptic using ATT wifi router (becasue ATT FORCE you to Grumble grumble)

would boot ask laungauge, then ask to connect to my wifi which it seemed to do ok.

Then it said it needed to update software and register.

after the update it booted did the RUKU logo with the Umbrela thing. then booted again, would hang for 3 minets at a screen with a shaded purple top. then boot again and ask for Launguage and wifi to connect to (it did rember my wifi password) must have booted 30 times in all hoping it needed 4 years of sequential updates!!!! Hay i was desprate!

Then i Hit the google search. 4 hours later i got it fixed here is my steps

1) find a full 1080P TV and plug it into that.

2) connect to your network router witha CAT 5E ethernet cable, (no matter what i did using wifi would NOT work for the update!)

3) boot the Roku and select your launguge. and after that STOP

4) you now need to go into the HIDDEN menu 

TV Not Communicating with Roku 3 Update Server

The TV might not be properly connecting with the Roku Update Server.

To fix this, you can connect to the secret screen and update from there. To get to the secret screen use your remote

press Home five times,

Fast Forward three times,

Rewind two times.

5) The hidden menu will now appear and you will have the option to Cycle update server and also Cycle Station update. cycle both of these (highlight and right arrow). you will see the information change in the information as you cycle these.

6) AGAIN I REPEAT HAVE THE SYSTEM ON A HARD WIRED ETHERNET LINK NOT WIFI

Scroll down  to highlight Update Software. then use right arrow (or maybe OK i forget)

you will now be pressented with a screen showing you the current OLD vertion of Firmware and the new vertion it want to upgrade to 

run the update!

this time after 2 auto reboots you get to select lauguage wifi and then

DAAAAADAAAAAA

the registration menu will appear so have a laptop tablet or smart phone ready.

register online from the website and enter the onscreen code. 

now this is a cool bonus, if you ALREADY have a ROKU account and login with that when you register it will use all your current user info for users and passwords for netflix pandorra and Hulu.

0 Kudos