Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

Having the same issue Danny 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

@Tbishop 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Repeated Updates still required as of Aug 20. Makes the Roku useless.

Jump to solution

Repeated Updates still required as of Aug 2020.

Aside from the fact that the ROKU TV only recognizes ONE channel on our cable,  This Makes the Roku useless.  

We just bought these today, for the office, and should go back  

Our office techs have used 4 different (separate) WiFi accounts to restart and install update - to no avail.  

fix this.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Repeated Updates still required as of Aug 20. Makes the Roku useless.

Jump to solution

@Dhenryeng 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number(s) on the Roku device(s) along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, I am also having an infinite loop occur where I connect to my network, it updates, and then returns to the network page. I am not able to reboot my network because it is a campus WiFi. How do I PM you about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Lindsey1 

Thanks for the post.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and set up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Infinite restart loop after downloading updates

Jump to solution

I can’t update either. Keeps saying unable to update try again or set up network. If I try again it takes me through the same message over and over. If I try to choose set up network then it goes to a purple screen and freezes. I have unplugged and rest several times. Far as Im concerned Im done with ROKU. Fed up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Streaming Plus Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

I just got a new Vizio 32” TV and Roku Streaming Plus and I can’t get the Roku to make it past the software update. It switches to the screen where Roku is on the screen and the letters are moving. It does an unnatural flash and returns to the getting started screen l. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Express stuck on bouncing ROKU screen

Jump to solution

I have tried everything and nothing works to set up the box to my tv. The screen is stuck on the bouncing roku screen and resetting does not change anything. Please let me know how to set up the roku box to my tv or who to contact to fix this problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: New Roku Streaming Plus Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

@ehoelscher20 wrote:

I just got a new Vizio 32” TV and Roku Streaming Plus and I can’t get the Roku to make it past the software update. It switches to the screen where Roku is on the screen and the letters are moving. It does an unnatural flash and returns to the getting started screen l. Please help

I had problems setting up Roku Express on Vizio TVs in the past. Changing the cable won't help either. Try another brand TV preferably closer to the WiFi source as well.

0 Kudos