Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

@kayaker55 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Liamgeee
Level 7

I connected to wifi, went through the update, but keep getting redirected back to the same screen

Jump to solution

I need help desperately. Please someone help. I just bought the Roku Express and I started at the “Let’s get started” page. I chose my language, put my wifi info in, and it said it needed an update. It has taken me back to this screen 6 times. Please someone help. Roku customer service is of no help and this is my last hope. Please somebody. Please.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: I connected to wifi, went through the update, but keep getting redirected back to the same scree

Jump to solution

@Liamgeee 

If you can use your phone as a hotspot, try connecting to that to get through the setup.

0 Kudos
Liamgeee
Level 7

Re: I connected to wifi, went through the update, but keep getting redirected back to the same scree

Jump to solution

@renojim 

I tried that already and it has not worked. It’s unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Klutch
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm getting the same thingSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Usually connecting to another network to get past the setup works, so if it doesn't I'd return it and try another one.

0 Kudos
EvanMaxie
Level 7

Roku Premeire

Jump to solution

I just bought a roku premeire and i can not get past the set up it keeps going through the update 100 times and i have no clue how to fix this

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premeire

Jump to solution

@EvanMaxie 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kevjohn
Level 7

Software update repeatedly takes me back to beginning of setup

Jump to solution

Roku Premiere. Setup starts, I select language, it connects to my WiFi then it goes Software update. It goes through the update, restarts but the it goes back to the beginning of setup process. I go through it all again, update software and on restart it goes right back to beginning of setup. 

How do I get out of this loop?

0 Kudos
countryangelz
Level 7

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

I have Roku SE.

I have tried my wireless internet. I have tried hotspot with Verizon. It continues to ask for language, wifi info and password, and updates. Then loops to do it again. I have reset the box. I have rebooted router. Continuous cycle. 

This model doesnt have a sd card. I'm unable to connect to ethernet cable in this room.Help.

0 Kudos