Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Defective Roku after software update

Jump to solution

No it's just plugged into a power strip. I actually tried moving the tv next to the router and it was plugged in directly in the outlet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jonmuney88 

Thanks for the note.

To clarify, the issue that you are experiencing is on your Roku TV?

If this is the case, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I already did contact them. They had me try a few things but nothing helped. So they told me to get hold of roku to see if there was anything else to try 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you are still having this issue... do both the 2G and 5G wireless networks share the same broadcast name?  If so, I would suggest renaming one wireless network to something different, then trying again.  The Roku should only see the 2G network.

It doesn't hurt to clear out the network connection settings after doing this either.  This can be done from Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Network Connection Reset -> Reset Connection

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: New Roku Express freezes after downloading the update

Jump to solution

It downloads 100% and then freezes during installation while the half circles are rotating. I have begun several times and it freezes at same point in the process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: New Roku Express freezes after downloading the update

Jump to solution

@Edart777 wrote:

It downloads 100% and then freezes during installation while the half circles are rotating. I have begun several times and it freezes at same point in the process.

Try changing the HDMI cable. Move closer to the WiFi source.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

It’s now June 2020 and this problem still hasn’t been permanently resolved! What seems to be the problem with ROKU tech support? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: trying to install Roku premiere will not let me get past software update, keeps repeating update

Jump to solution

I just bought a Roku express and have exactly the same issue. My unit keeps cycling thru update and will go no further. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree. It does seem like an update issue. Is there a way to turn off updates?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I bought Roku to use when I’m traveling. I had problems setting it up and tried to call for support. Impossible to get through to a live person. Total waste of time. So now I’m in a hotel room with a single HDMI port Samsung TV. I’ve tried all the recommendations except changing my Roku cable. No joy. The endless loop problem has been going on for at least a year and a half. Since Roku doesn’t appear to be able to fix the problem, I’m going to return my device to Best Buy and notify all my Facebook friends of the situation.