Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Express won't go past update to set up.

Trying to set Roku Express, wireless & connection checks green, looks and starts update, then kicks me out with error 005.  I have been at this for 3 hours now and tried every trick I can find online.  We bought the Roku Premiere last weekend for living room and had no issues and works great.  I even unplugged the Premiere and tried setting up the Express on the other TV and still same thing happened.  Help, anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Express won't go past update to set up.

@Nikki-71 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device as well as trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your device. Then once the device is setup, you can connect back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos