Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benebrown
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere Setup Problem

I have exactly the same problem. Been round the loop about five times. No link code is displayed. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@_GC @benebrown 

Thanks for the posts.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
benebrown
Level 7

Thank you for your reply, but I have tried rebooting both the Roku device and the router. I don't have access to another wireless network, so I can't try that. As I have said all other devices in the house find the router. I have given up, returned the Roku device and obtained a refund and bought a Smart TV that allows me to do everything that I want. 

0 Kudos
Beamerboy
Level 7

Start up problem. Update loop. Endless

My roku box is stuck on an update loop I’ve been here all day trying to fix it what do I do 

0 Kudos
karenzv
Level 7

Re: New Roku Express won't go past update to set up.

Just had the same thing happening while trying to set up a new Roku 3 for a friend.  Couldn't get it out of the loop.  Brought it home & hooked up to my tv and it worked as it should.  Took back to friend's house and found the hdmi was wired through amplifier/theater system.  Connected hdmi directly to tv hdmi port and bingo, worked as it should.  
Different devices but maybe the same problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Start up problem. Update loop. Endless

@Beamerboy 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Woody74
Level 7

I got my Roku as a christmas gift and am having the same problem, it goes from the language option screen to scanning for the wifi to entering the password, when I enter this it just goes back to the language selection screen and round and round this goes, I have also tried all the things mentioned in the above comments and don’t know what to do now?????

hookem085
Level 7

I am also having the same problem. I have 2 othe ROKU express with no problems. Bought Roku express via Amazon pick a language > connect to wifi > check for updates > ROKU dancing letters > purple screen > back to pick a Language and just goes in that cirlcle..... Then I connected to hotspot if actually finished the set up... then I tried to re-connect it to wifi would not even recognize my wifi > Returned to Amazon with a replacement.... now the same thing pick a language > connect to wifi > check for updates > ROKU dancing letters > purple screen > back to pick a Language and just goes in that cirlcle. >>>> now it does this even when connected to hotspot >>> There seems to be no solution to this issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Woody74 @hookem085 

Thanks for the posts.

How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

In addition, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
snosnake
Level 7

Trouble Setting up Roku Express+

Trying to set up my Exprees+. Connects to wifi just fine, software updates, restarts, but then just reverts back to the “Let’s Get Started” screen. It has done this repeatedly. Wondering if the problem may be related to the fact that the Roku HDMI connects through a Yamaha AV receiver, not directly to the TV. That worked fine with my prior Roku, but perhaps not with this one? If I connect directly to the TV, I’m not sure how I will get audio. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos