Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Express + looping back to update process during start-up

Jump to solution

My new Express + is powered by the wall unit.  The set-up process loops through: restart, language, network, download (100percent), restart, semi-blue screen and then repeats.  While on the blue screen, I see an activity light blinking for about 20 sec before a repeat of the process.  I have tried a reset, but same result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: New Roku Express + looping back to update process during start-up

Jump to solution

Some people have had success with connecting the Roku to an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. Do a hard reset in the Roku and begin the setup from the beginning, using the hotspot as the access point. After it completes, you can reconnect to your normal Internet.

As I said, this has worked for many users. But I'm not stating that is an absolute 100% solution. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Some people have had success with connecting the Roku to an alternate Internet source, such as a phone hotspot. Do a hard reset in the Roku and begin the setup from the beginning, using the hotspot as the access point. After it completes, you can reconnect to your normal Internet.

As I said, this has worked for many users. But I'm not stating that is an absolute 100% solution. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The hotspot method worked!  Thanks.

0 Kudos