Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benthos5

New LG OLED TV - which Roku?

Jump to solution

Hello!  I have a new, 2021 LG 65" OLED TV with Sonos Beam Gen2 smart soundbar. The TV has lots of streaming apps, but a couple I'd like are missing so I'm about to order a Roku unit. Two choices - Express 4K+ and Streaming Stick 4K+.  Aside from the enhanced voice remote and recharging features of the Streaming Stick 4K+, is there any reason I wouldn't be happy with the less-expensive Express 4K+ ?  Will its remote be easier to set-up/use than that of the Streaming Stick 4K+?  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New LG OLED TV - which Roku?

Jump to solution

I have to be honest, I don't like the sticks.  For one thing, they only work with Roku remotes.  If you lose it or it stops working you're beholden to Roku for a new one.  The Express will work with any cheap universal remote.  There's other reasons I don't care for the sticks (like the must have but fragile long-range receiver), but the short answer to your question is that the only real difference is the remote.  You can see detailed specifications on the Wiki page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku .  It looks like the stick also supports Dolby Atmos and the remote supports private listening.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Benthos5 

The remotes set up the same way. There's no difference in setting up the devices.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim

Jump to solution

I have to be honest, I don't like the sticks.  For one thing, they only work with Roku remotes.  If you lose it or it stops working you're beholden to Roku for a new one.  The Express will work with any cheap universal remote.  There's other reasons I don't care for the sticks (like the must have but fragile long-range receiver), but the short answer to your question is that the only real difference is the remote.  You can see detailed specifications on the Wiki page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku .  It looks like the stick also supports Dolby Atmos and the remote supports private listening.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Benthos5 

The remotes set up the same way. There's no difference in setting up the devices.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."