Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New Country, New Roku

Jump to solution

I moved to Europe last year (leaving my ROKU behind in the US with family). I just bought a new ROKU here and linked it with my pre-existing account. All of my US channels loaded immediately, but I cannot see any local channels (the local national news broadcaster has a ROKU channel, but i cannot find it in any search). How do I make this ROKU find new, country specific channels? Do I need to create a new account and reset the ROKU, or is there another way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: New Country, New Roku

Jump to solution

I believe the channels available are dependent on where your account was created, so if you create a new account there, factory reset your new Roku, and link to that new account you should see the channels available in your new country, but you won't see many of the channels you had on your US-based Roku account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: New Country, New Roku

Jump to solution

I believe the channels available are dependent on where your account was created, so if you create a new account there, factory reset your new Roku, and link to that new account you should see the channels available in your new country, but you won't see many of the channels you had on your US-based Roku account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos