Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naofomi

Need advice on which Roku to purchase?

Currently, I have a TCL Roku TV 2020 model that is amazing. I have no issues with internet speed or using the interface.

I'm upgrading to the LG C1 OLED but the LG's WebOS is absolute garbage. I really like Roku, so I want to keep that OS via a streaming service.

Questions:

Which one to buy (premier, ultra, stick)?

Is there any internet speed difference between a Roku TV vs a Smart TV running Roku?

Anyone else using Roku on their OLED can offer some advice/cautions?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Need advice on which Roku to purchase?

Sticks are easily hidden, but require using the Roku remote as they are RF-only. They are also WiFi only, and since they plug into something, you can't easily move them around if WiFi signals are poor at a particular location. Most of the current non-Ultra models are roughly the same speed as far as the interface and similar are concerned. Other than the plain Express, they have enough memory to handle a large number of channels without having to reload all the time.

The Ultra is the fastest and offers an Ethernet connection for more reliable Internet. It also has a USB port so you can use it to view pictures or your own movies.