Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Need Help with setting up Roku to Sankey TV

Hello

i am trying to hook up my new Roku and my smart TV brand does not show up on the selection list.  My TV is SANKEY?  Can you please advise how to activate Roku for this TV brand

thanks

simon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Re: Need Help with setting up Roku to Sankey TV

@Samara 

I'm not following what you are attempting to do. If you are attempting to activate a Roku device, there's no selection list anywhere to choose from. If it's an older device that hasn't received the latest activation update, it provides you a code that you enter into this web site: https://my.roku.com/link. Don't go to any other web address, as it will be a scammer's site. 

If you have the updated firmware, you simply enter your Roku account email address into the device screen, and you receive an activation link via email. Click that link and your device is activated. 

I don't see Sankey as a manufacturer of Roku TVs, so I'm assuming you are attempting to link a new Roku player. Again, your TV brand has nothing to do with it, and if you're on a web site that is asking for that information it's not a valid Roku site. 

Please confirm exactly what you're trying to do, and what model Roku you have. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 19

Re: Need Help with setting up Roku to Sankey TV

You didn't mention what model Roku you are asking about.  If it is one that comes with a remote that has buttons for TV power, TV volume, and TV mute, then it must be programmed to send the correct set of signals for these commands that will work with your TV, via Settings > Remotes and devices > Remotes > Voice Remote (then follow the prompts).  Some lesser known brands like Sankey may not be programmed into the remote's database of commands but they typically share commands with one of the more major brands.  If you get through the whole thing without a match, you'll be given the chance to select a brand to try.  The references I've found for Sankey suggest you try RCA.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos