Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My roku express + stop working

My roky has been on the bouncing roku letters for 2 hrs reset power wise still wont work now what?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My roku express + stop working

@battlestar92 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My roku express stop working

Hello, I've had my Roku for two days. The initial set up worked fine and while watching on the 2nd day the Roku stopped working. I switched TV's to ensure its not the HDMI port and I changed HDMI cords. I still do not have a picture showing. I unlinked and tried to do a hard reset on the device but nothing has worked. When pushing the reset button on the device i did not see any movement of the white light.

My TV's do not recognize the Roku as plugged into the HDMI ports and I have no picture.

#RoKU Express 3930

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My roku just stopped picking up the wireless and internet connections That I have had for at least a year.  it is the newer of the two.  I think it is a premiere model.  First time I check for support and all I get is this community.  What happened?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My roku express stop working

@CrisD 

Thanks for the post.

If you are plugging the device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter and still not able to see your device video, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ghartdunmore 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos