Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My roku device does not show on my Roku account

I could not use 2 roku devices I bought for our home in Florida because the cable company and Roku were not getting along.  I tried to set one up there because I had 2 other older ones already set up.  But when I could not download the Spectrum app decided to bring them to Illinois to use with Comcast.  The one that I tried to set up did not take me through the usual authorizations through Xfinity, my email etc.  Probably because of trying it in Florida.  So it doesn't show now in my Roku account.  Must I completely deactivate it and start over, if so how do I do that.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My roku device does not show on my Roku account

If you are not concerned with losing the Spectrum App (or can't download it to your device anyway), then you can safely factory reset your device by either pressing and holding the reset button (or using paperclip and pressing reset button through hole) for 30+ seconds.  All the Roku devices have a Reset Button somewhere on them, location differs depending on device.  https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Not sure why it is not showing up in account if all were linked to same email account, unless your attempt at setting it up ran into issues and never fully registered.  A factory reset should clear out any previous issues and give you a fresh start.  You should then be able to link all your Rokus to your existing account if you so desire.

Post back with the problem Roku device model number if you need more help.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
tjconant
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.  I have three Roku devices but only one shows up in the app.  I tried resetting the devices and adding them again as well as adding them manually in the app and that didn’t work either.

0 Kudos
musicislove
Streaming Star

I would like to resurect this thread.

Having same or similar problem, So while logged onto my account here on the forum I can look at the Roku devices that I have but one is missing.

In fact I think it is my newest one maybe gosh 1-2 years old now? 

Anyway, it is a Model, 4800X Ultra.

Not sure if I want to do a factory reset ATM but maybe later, so I thought asking might reveal some information as to why I am using it just fine but it doesnt show up in my account of Roku devices that I have?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@musicislove-

If you log into your account at https:/my.roku.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can see a listing of all the devices linked to your account.

The forum listing of your installed devices has been broken for some time now.  If you link or remove a device the change is not reflected here on the Community.  That's why I list my linked Rokus in the signature at the bottom of my posts. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
tjconant
Reel Rookie

I have tried resetting the units and they still do not show up devices in my Roku app.

0 Kudos
musicislove
Streaming Star

thank you @makaiguy  this indeed solved my question.

0 Kudos