Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scampb
Level 7

My UK post code is showing as invalid when it is a legitimate post code and now I can't finish set u

I am trying to set up the Roku express device but when it's asking to fill in personal details such as address my 7 digit postcode is being highlighted as invalid. The same with my phone number. 

The information is correct and valid but as the site claims it is invalid I cannot finish the set up. There is also no customer support available for this issue which is poor customer service.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
linz
Level 7

Canadian

It says that my postal code is invalid, how to I get it let me make an account?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Canadian

Does it take you to the Canadian site?  https://www.roku.com/en-ca/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
linz
Level 7

Re: Canadian

That's where I was, I can try again.

0 Kudos
Bluehagon
Level 7

Re: My UK post code is showing as invalid when it is a legitimate post code and now I can't finish s

I have just purchased a Roku Premiere and have got stuck on the same step in that it will not accept my UK postcode or home phone number so I cannot set up and use it.

the customer support articles do not appear to cover this and I can’t find an email address to contact anyone.

0 Kudos
Audvise
Level 7

Re: My UK post code is showing as invalid when it is a legitimate post code and now I can't finish s

I am having the same issue. I can't add a purchase method because the UK postcode is invalid (even if I know for sure is valid).

0 Kudos
Bluehagon
Level 7

I abandoned the set up and went back to the beginning and entered a new code then chose the ‘I have an account’ option using the same email address. After inputting some details and getting to the address/post code page I noticed a skip this stage option which I clicked on. This allowed the install to complete, so I would suggest trying that method.
0 Kudos