Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristi
Level 7

My TV does not have a USB port to connect my new premiere+ Roku. Is there an adapter?

Jump to solution

So I guess my TV is too old that it does not have a USB plug-in on the back and that seems to be the power source for my new Roku premiere + . Is there an adapter for power? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kristi
Level 7

Re: My TV does not have a USB port to connect my new premiere+ Roku. Is there an adapter?

Jump to solution

Nevermind, I figured that out. Forgive the old lady 😊

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7\
Kristi
Level 7

Re: My TV does not have a USB port to connect my new premiere+ Roku. Is there an adapter?

Jump to solution

Nevermind, I figured that out. Forgive the old lady 😊

View solution in original post

Mary12
Level 7

Jump to solution

Kristie, 

I saw your post and I have the exact problem. However, I could not bring up your solution. Did you find an adapter for your Roku? My last Roku had round plugs but the new one doesn't. My TV only has plugs for round shapes. Sorry I am TOTALLY out of my league when it comes to this stuff. Mary

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mary12 

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, Roku devices do not use the USB port to connect. The TV USB port can only be used as a power source for the Roku device, although we highly recommend using a wall outlet to power all Roku devices.

In regards to how to connect a Roku device, most of the Roku devices (especially the newer models) will use the HDMI. Select older devices (which seems like what you had last) will use the A/V plugs.

For more information about Roku devices, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® streaming player?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mary12
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK So I guess what I need is an HDMI adapter to A/V plug. Is there such a thing? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Supports-DVD-Black/dp/B06W9LQDBB/

There's no guarantees that these types of converters will work without any problems and the adapters that just have an HDMI connector on one end and RCA connectors on the other end will not work.

What's the model number and manufacturer of your TV?  Are you certain there's no HDMI inputs?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mary12
Level 7

Jump to solution

Its a 2004 Panasonic model #CT-27HL14J. I know. It's old but it works great. Sound is perfect and it's actually in color!! :-)) 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I looked it up and it's advertised as "HD Ready", but it only supports an HD mode that no Roku does, so I'd give one of those converters a try.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos