Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyliemp
Level 7

My Roku remote works but the Roku home screen will not pop up

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku remote works but the Roku home screen will not pop up

@kyliemp 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are you specifically seeing when this issue occurs? Are you doing anything when you see this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kyliemp
Level 7

Yes sorry! So I recently just moved into my college dorm and I brought my Insignia TV along with my Roku streaming stick. It worked perfectly fine at home but now I am having a lot of trouble. It is plugged in to the HDMI 3 and the power cord is also plugged into the TV. However, when I put it to the input setting, it does not show up at all. It just keeps saying no signal. I’ve tried all of the inputs and no luck. There is a white light that blinks twice on the Roku stick. 

0 Kudos
kyliemp
Level 7

The model is 3810 X

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kyliemp 

Thanks for the update.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kyliemp
Level 7

The Roku is powered by my tv. It has always been there when it worked at home. But the Roku stick its self sits in every HDMI pretty loosely. I’m afraid it might have gotten damaged on the move from my house to my dorm. The white light is always blinking twice too if that has any importance! Thank you! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The stick+ should never be powered by the tv usb port, and should only be powered connected to a wall outlet with usb power adapter it came with. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos