Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milbornesports
Level 7

Multiple users on same stick

As a sports club how can I set up different groups with their own account on the same Sports Club stick please. We need them to log on to their account with their password and be billed for any paid services.

can this be done or does each group have to bring their own streaming stick with them

this could be a lot of benefit to a lot of community facilities with multiple user groups 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple users on same stick

Check out Guest Mode and see if it meets your needs. When the unit is set to Guest Mode a user can log into his own Roku account, detaching it from the Host's account. Each of your groups would have to have their own Roku account to log onto. And you may need to have somebody assume the responsibility of making sure each group gets logged back out of Guest Mode when finished.

Roku article on Guest Mode: https://support.roku.com/article/360015611254
Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple users on same stick

The major fly in the ointment I can see with Guest Mode for your users would be that each time one logs out of Guest Mode, any stored channel login information is purged from the unit.  This means that any channels requiring the user to log into their channel-specific account (Netflix, for example) will require the user to log into that account the first time the channel is accessed in any Guest Mode session.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos