Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purek

How to use Roku across a mix of Roku TVs and non-Roku TVs in my home

Jump to solution

If I get a Roku TV, how do i go about getting Roku on the other two tv's in my house? Thanks in advance!! (one is a smart TV already, but does not have roku, the other just has HDMI ports...thanks!) To clarify, I have three tv's, want to make one a roku tv, how would i be able to access roku on the other two tv's? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Get two stand alone streamers like Roku Express, Premiere, and Ultra. Or if you prefer a stick, get the Roku Stick +.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV Setup

Jump to solution

@purek Hi there! You'll need a Roku device connected to any TV that you are wanting to access content via Roku on. Alternately, you could also move your Roku device between the TVs in your house. See more here: https://www.roku.com/how-it-works

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Tivoburkee

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Get two stand alone streamers like Roku Express, Premiere, and Ultra. Or if you prefer a stick, get the Roku Stick +.

Edmund

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@purek Hi there! You'll need a Roku device connected to any TV that you are wanting to access content via Roku on. Alternately, you could also move your Roku device between the TVs in your house. See more here: https://www.roku.com/how-it-works

Thanks,

Tanner

jc3242

Jump to solution

can i use the email on different  roku tv

jc3242

Jump to solution

do i need a different email to set up each tv in my house

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Unless you want separate control of adding and subtracting of channels on each roku, then go with different emails. If you don't care if doing one thing on one roku effects all rokus, go with the same email and account on all.

Edmund

0 Kudos
REBVON

Jump to solution

I understand I need a ROKU for every TV and you are saying you need different emails for each set-up to watch the tv's separately-is that correct?   I currently have Netflix and Prime through Xfinity-I do want to add them to the ROKU but does it have to be brand new accounts or can they be transferred to the ROKU.  If I do add-on to the ROKU, does that carry over to all of the tv's in the home or must they each be setup with the add-on and does that cost extra per month.  So for example, I have Netflix on the main tv set but want to set it up in the kids room as well---am I charged double?  Thanks much!

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You just have to use the same credentials you used on previous devices for apps like Netflix and Prime, that isn't what was discussing here, this thread is about a roku account. You can use the same email on as many roku as you wish, just know that when you make a change on one roku it happens on all using the same email address. And if you had separate emails and roku account for each roku, you can still use the same netflix & prime credentials on both roku accounts, you would only have to pay for one subscription fee. The Standard Netflix account only allows two devices at a time to view programs, you would get an error message if you tried using a third device. 

Edmund

Keshababez

Jump to solution

No you do not need multiple email to set up a new device. When you use your current email it will bring all your apps from the old device to the new one.

EsRiggins

Jump to solution

Will one roku account allow multiple roku devices