Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Multiple Roku

I have a Roku Ultra, a Roku stick and a new Roku Express to replaced the Roku stick since my son broke the controller for the Roku stick. I cant pair the new Roku Express remote to itself since it does not have a sync button. The new Roku Express also controls my Roku Ultra when both are on. Please help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Multiple Roku

The Roku Express uses IR control. There is nothing to pair. Only the WiFi Direct remotes require pairing to a device. Your problem is that the Ultra, even though it has a WiFi Direct remote, will also respond to IR. The only way to block the IR signal from the Ultra is to block the front panel of the Ultra. Put it inside a cabinet, put black tape across the front panel, place something in front of the device, etc. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos