Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Multiple Roku Devices - Extra Fee?

Jump to solution

I have one Roku stick, and I am looking to add two more to my home, I have read/heard that there may be a charge to have multiple devices in my home, is this true?  If so, what is it, is it one time or reoccurring?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Multiple Roku Devices - Extra Fee?

Jump to solution

@mcmathpapa wrote:

Hi

I have found, in a closet, a Roku1 still in the box.

can I add this to my service?  What will it cost me per month

Phil McLellan

There is no cost per month to use any Roku. When you go to link it, make sure to use the EXACT link to avoid going to a scam site that will charge you:

https://my.roku.com/link

But, that ancient Roku 1 is not worth the effort. It is very slow and some channels may no longer support it. Many newer channels don't even support relatively recent models from just a few years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@boy3mom 

Thanks for the note.

Yes you can link multiple Roku devices to the same Roku account. Please be aware that Roku will never charge for support or activating a device.

For more information about having multiple Roku devices linked to your account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi

Phil McLellan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

so do I just plug it in?  What happens next.  I signed up on 11/2/10

mcmathtutor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

@mcmathpapa wrote:

Hi

Phil McLellan

There is no cost per month to use any Roku. When you go to link it, make sure to use the EXACT link to avoid going to a scam site that will charge you:

https://my.roku.com/link

But, that ancient Roku 1 is not worth the effort. It is very slow and some channels may no longer support it. Many newer channels don't even support relatively recent models from just a few years ago.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos