Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Moving channels off of home screen

If I remove a channel from my home screen, will it still appear in my channel store if I decide to watch it later?  I ask because when I have tried to remove a channel, I get asked "are you sure you want to delete this channel". 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Moving channels off of home screen

No, removing a channel from your account does not remove it from the channel store. You can reinstall it at any time. But note that if you have more than one Roku device on the same user account, removing a channel from one device removes it from all devices.

Installed channels are sync'd across all devices on the same user account, assuming the channel is supported on every device. If you have a newer device and an older one, you might install a channel like Disney+ on the new one, but it won't appear on the older one if Disney doesn't support it.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos