Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarcar97
Level 7

Moving Roku Stick+ to a different TV

Jump to solution

I had a Roku Stick+ in my master bedroom.  I want to move this stick to the guest bedroom.   I have it hooked up to the HDMI1 and also tried HDMI2.   I have plugged it into the USB port for power and to the electric outlet.    The ROKU loading screen comes on with sound.   Then I get the menu but my Roku remote won't work.  I can't get off the HOME option.   I've tried the sound and it doesn't go to settings either.    I've changed batteries in the remote but that doesn't help.   I've repeated all of the above steps multiple times.  It is now on the page where the city scrolls.   To get the menu again, I have to unplug the stick or power and I will get the main screen again, but the remote won't work. 

What is the best way to reset this?   If I unlink, can I relink with the new room?   Are there better options?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Moving Roku Stick+ to a different TV

Jump to solution

It sounds like you may need to re-pair the remote to the stick. 

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
  • Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
  • When your Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.
  • Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment of your remote for 5 seconds or until you see the pairing light on the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you should replace the batteries (see below).
  • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

Source: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

It sounds like you may need to re-pair the remote to the stick. 

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
  • Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
  • When your Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.
  • Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment of your remote for 5 seconds or until you see the pairing light on the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you should replace the batteries (see below).
  • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

Source: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sarcar97
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked thank you.   I didn't see a pairing and never thought of being inside the battery back.   It doesn't turn tv on and off - but at least I can change channels.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Jump to solution

@sarcar97 wrote:

That worked thank you.   I didn't see a pairing and never thought of being inside the battery back.   It doesn't turn tv on and off - but at least I can change channels.

To get it to control the TV go to settings: remotes and devices: remotes: remote in use: control TV

0 Kudos