Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Moved to a different state need to change address

I cant seem to find how to change the zip code to where we moved, still streaming from our old home

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Moved to a different state need to change address

As far as the Roku itself, it doesn't care what state you're in as long as you're within the US. Now specific channels might require regional settings, but that would be either within the channel itself, or a user account web site. For example, when I was on a long term work detail in VA, I was still getting ads on Pandora for Seattle. I finally found the location setting in my Pandora account on their web site. There were no settings in the Roku itself for location.

What channel(s) are you having the issue with? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Moved to a different state need to change address

i think changing billing info does that.

though may not be needed.

geotargeting by ip address or changing setting on app website as said,they know where you are.

0 Kudos