Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver?

Jump to solution

I am setting up my Roku for the first time and after the initial ROKU screen it moves to the select a language screen. At this point it goes to a error message saying the Advanced Wireless Receiver is not detected. I have the the receiver plugged into the streaming stick and everything is plugged into an outlet. I can't make it past this point. I am 100% sure I have it connected properly. Unless the picture on the installation guide is incorrect.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver?

Jump to solution

@PeytonClara

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure the connections are secure? If so, it's possible that the AWR is damaged. Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PeytonClara

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure the connections are secure? If so, it's possible that the AWR is damaged. Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dpurgaso

Jump to solution

How can i send a private message im having the same problem?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Dpurgaso

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be located on the box or at the back of the player itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m trying to set up my roku stick but I was never sent the advanced wireless receiver so I ordered a USB cable that fit into my roku stick, but it’s still saying missing advanced wireless receiver, please let me know how I can fix this!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@adrianarossell

Thanks for the post.

The Advanced Wireless Receiver should have been included within the packaging of the device. It is a cable that is labelled. Is the cable missing from the device box?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amrikray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with a new Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I’ve tried to set up 15 times so far. It keeps giving me error message 022 where it’s saying that the long range wireless receiver is not connected (though it is clearly connected as the device is powered). I’ve tried with the wireless receiver connected via both the TV and directly into the power outlet.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@amrikray, did you get it from a store?  People have been known to buy and return sticks just to get the wireless receiver to replace a bad one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku sells it separately for $19.99:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
amrikray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I purchased it from Amazon (supposedly new).

0 Kudos