Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdsterlingvt
Level 7

Memory loss

Hello, I purchased a Roku Ultra 4640X used to add to the other ones I already have in the house including another Ultra. This one however on setup works fine but if power is lost either when unplugging or if power goes out it loses all memory of settings, channels, login, network ect and has to be set up like a new STB. Is this anything anyone else had had an issue with? FYI I need this particular box as the SPD/IF is required to output sound to my non HDMI HD TV ( DVI-I input only). 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Memory loss

I've had a 4640 since they first came out, and have never had an issue disconnecting or losing power and having to set it back up. I haven't had it shut down in quite a while, when I moved it from the bedroom to the family room. Been a couple of power outages as well, and it's never happened. I don't believe they have an internal battery to retain settings, like a CMOS battery on a motherboard, but maybe they do. Perhaps Tanner or Danny can confirm if there's an internal battery. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos