Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Linking device

I purchased the Roku Premiere and it powers on fine then it asks to me to select my language and connect to a network. As of right now I am using my iPhones hotspot. After I connect it it updates and restarts the device. Then asks me to connect again and updates again. Then restarts and asks me to connect and updates again. You get the pic....

how do I get out of this vicious cycle to finish linking and setting up my Roku!?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Linking device

Many people with a similar problem have reported success by doing the initial setup  connected to a different network, then changing the net configuration to the desired net.  Normally this goes the other way, set up on a phone hotspot then change to a home router, but if you have access to some other wifi net, maybe at a neighbor or friend's place,  it might be worth giving it a go.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos