Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seismo07

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I have done multiple factory resets. when it comes to getting the link code it just sits there and goes around and around then says there was a problem activating. Please get a new code to try again. It never gave me a code in the first place!  This Is like hitting your head against a wall. Nothing is helping. I've tried resetting my router, my Roku and going thru all the steps again. still no code

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@seismo07  It sounds like there may be a network issue preventing your device from receiving a link code. Try connecting your device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then try linking it again. Let us know how it goes from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Podna86

Jump to solution
I too have tried all of these steps. I have factory reset 3 times. I have an account set up. The Roku on the tv wont send a link code. I am home sick and now have no tv!! Wtf is wrong with this.
Lacib

Link code?

Jump to solution
I was never given the link code for my new roku SE?? How do I get a new one or what do I do next to activate?
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

Factory reset it either through the menu, or look for pin hole in the back of the roku.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jaybirder

Jump to solution

once it connects to the internet, i get a blue screen and then nothing. no link code, no menu, nothing. please help. thank you.

llc36
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Help?

Same problem, but no pinhole or reset option on menu.  How can I get link code (trying to use Roku on iPad, TV ok.)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are looking how to factory reset your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

You can follow the step by step process shown in our handy setup videos for your device located here to see how to get a link code and activate your device: https://support.roku.com/category/115001360548--troubleshooting

(Note: Some users may also see an updated email activation flow when linking a device. If you get prompted to enter your email address when linking a device, follow the instructions on-screen, and use the email sent to your inbox to complete activation.)

@llc36  Can you please explain what you mean by trying to use the Roku on your iPad? If you are looking to watch The Roku Channel on your iPad, you will need to use the Roke mobile app. For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
gob62

Jump to solution

I connected to my home wireless and then the screen just went to the logo, no link code, no home screen. Reset the Roku and the wireless router multiple times. Turned on a mobile hotspot on a smartphone to see if the device would connect to that. Still just the bouncing logo. Is the device defective? Does the device only work with certain modems or routers? And no customer service to speak of except for this clunky community. WTF?

gob62

Jump to solution

That is not an option when the only thing that happens now is that the device jumps to the bouncing logo when it is connected to the television.