Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjd223
Binge Watcher

Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

@Chris_Pollinger wrote:

Today is 3/26/20 today I got my new Roku ultra streamer!

***Please Be Aware***

when you install the Roku ultra for the first time or any Roku streaming player at this point it will ask you for a link code, and tell you to login through a web browser and type in a link code. The link code sends you to someone probably from China, lol that is asking for $89.99 to subscribe to the brand-new Roku service. I was not aware of this so I questioned it in my head as my wife wanted to continue. I said wait a minute Roku does not offer any subscriptions anywhere. At least as far as I ever knew. That's not all, that person at the other end of the link Harley was offering the new Roku service for $89.99 but he was offering two additional monthly subscriptions,, $119.99 for a five-year plan and a plan for $179.99 which was their lifetime ultimate subscription plan. Believe me this is no joke! To get out of this, and not spend any more money, scroll down and still you see an additional Roku.com link. This is the normal link to get into Roku not the one you first came across at the guy was trying to charge you. Awfully Roku.com see this and report back I. The guy was tied in with the link directly linked through the Roku player in my previous Roku account.

Sounds like you may have searched for the URL instead of going directly to it. Like if you entered the URL into the google search box instead of the address bar, or if your browser incorrectly parsed it as a search instead of a TLD.

Roku may be able to issue take down requests to search engines like Google to try and get these removed. But i'm sure they would have to stay on top of it as more will pop up.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Where do I find the "linking code

Jump to solution

You have been helpful and we now realize we don’t need a link code,

However we are still unable to load the channel onto our TV. I created a YouTube Tv account and signed up for membership. I went on line to myRoku.com and it says the channel is installed. However it is not showing up as a selection channel on my tv using my Roku. I cannot add it as a channel.

We are also unable to cast the channel to our TV from  our iPhone device  as instructed. It appears as if it’s loading and then kicks out. We have no other issue with other channels.
Any suggestions? We can’t seem to get the channel to play on our tv!

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Where do I find the "linking code

Jump to solution

@7219 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you have added the channel through the Roku Channel Store and are unable to see the channel in your device, it is most likely because the channel does not support your device.

Please be aware that the YouTube TV channel supports the follow Roku devices: All Roku TVs, Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku Ultra, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick+ HE, Roku Streaming Stick (3600x and newer models), Roku Express/Express+, Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).

For more information visit the YouTube TV support page here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Popadoo48

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

Forgot my link code? Where do I find it.. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Popadoo48 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to activate your device and need a new activation link code, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Makarim

Activation code

Jump to solution

Activation code is not displayed in TV what can I do.?? *, 

0 Kudos
lonan39

Re: My LINK code does not work

Jump to solution

I have the original LINK code for my stick but it no longer is valid. I purchased my Streaming Stick in Apr. 2016 so does it need to be reset and if so how do I do this?

0 Kudos
CBA23

Re: Link code?

Jump to solution

I have a roku ultra and can’t not  get a activation code to appear. Done all the resets and unplugged nothing works.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My LINK code does not work

Jump to solution

@Makarim @lonan39 @CBA23 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and setting it back up again to activate the device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tman5819
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There is no link code displayed.  I tried several times.  Either the device is faulty, or the instructions are. Roku has yet to address this.