Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arseph09
Level 7

Link Roku stick from partner provider to your account

HI, my ISP announced a partnership with Roku and sold a roku streaming stick. I'm pretty sure it's not a clone because;

1. The ISP isn't allowed to sell clones.

2. The stick comes with an account to the roku website.

3. The roku app works as remote, and

4. It still works.

What my problem is that the account provided, which is the same account I have with my ISP portal, isn't linked to my roku stick. And the stick is running a modified Roku firmware that bypasses the login and linking process since it should be 'automatic'. Is there a way to link my roku stick to my account? or, is there a way to install stock roku firmware to this stick?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Link Roku stick from partner provider to your account

Based on similar stories we've heard here in the forum, with private branded Roku players (and that's what yours is if it's running modified firmware) there's no way to remove the branded OS and install the generic Roku OS. While you say it's not a clone, it is a private label player, and the ISP has total control over its OS. 

There's no known way to "jailbreak" devices like this, so you're stuck with whatever is available from the ISP. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos