Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Keeps updating

Roku streaming stick+ keeps updating and restarting during setup.  It will not progress beyond this point in the setup.   I've setup another one in the house without issues.  Internet is good.  Restarted everything too.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Keeps updating

Sometimes when you let it sit for a while unplugged...let it cool off.

Later immediately do a factory reset with it powered on. And see.......

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@starboomer2006 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to update your device and see if you can get the device set up. Then once the device is set up, trying to connect the device back to your wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did anyone's issue get resolved from this gibberish, parrot-like,  nonsensical answer from ROKU support. After reading 11 pages of same issue, I trashed mine and will never buy any of their product ever again.....

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Keeps updating- New EVERYtHING still :(

Tried over past YEAr at least 100 solutions - Since there is no good answer? I will not be buying new Rokus-   If there had been a reasonable solution or even simply a response that the devices are Unrepairable? I would accept that however- From Roku? Nothing- 

0 Kudos