Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

@Jamaica 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamaica
Reel Rookie

Re: ButRe: Keeps going back to home screen

I have just been using Netflix, YouTube TV, and Hulu and anytime I go back from one streaming channel to the other I have to restart my Roku because it freezes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ButRe: Keeps going back to home screen

@Jamaica 

Thanks providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roxie55

My Roku does the same, no matter if it’s Disney+ or Netflix. I returns to homepage after 3-5 min

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Roxie55 wrote:

My Roku does the same, no matter if it’s Disney+ or Netflix. I returns to homepage after 3-5 min

What model Roku do you have (model number, not just the name)?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Roxie55 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @atc98092 asked, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJB125

I have restarted my roku express multiple times and it keeps going back to the home screen it started giving me an error about power but I fixed that but using a different cord. It is plugged in the wall with a roku box. 

0 Kudos
DollyKay

Deleting the app and resetting the device is not working it's still plays for a few moments and then goes back to home screen, what is going on please help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AJB125 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the error that you are receiving?

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DollyKay 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or on all channels? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos