Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brockleigh

Keep Getting The Roku Screen

I bought a Roku Express a week ago for a family member in a nursing home, as a replacement for his old one.

To save on setup aggravation, I connected the Roku to a TV at my house to get his channels all set. I dropped it off, and someone at the nursing home says that when they use it, no matter what you do, after a few seconds, a ROKU screen comes up for another few seconds, and then it defaults to the Home Screen.

I said the Roku is probably searching for my wireless router and that it just needs to be switched the local wifi router there, but the ROKU screen comes up again before they can complete switching wifi networks.

I read about the system restart function, but failing that, is there any reset pinhole on the back of the unit or a quick way of going back to system defaults?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Keep Getting The Roku Screen

Just a total guess, but... is it possible someone at the nursing home connected the USB (power) on the Roku to a TV USB port?  TV USB ports often don't provide enough power leading to random resets.

Brockleigh

Yep, they did plug it into the TV.

I guess I’m buying the wall adapter then.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

They come with a wall adapter in the box.