Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scooter2
Level 8

Jumping ROKU Letters

Jump to solution

Just setup my 4th Premiere Plus - instead of getting the normal screen I get the ROKU letters jumping around - takes a bit to then get rid of that to get HOME screen - none of the other Premiere Plus setups have done this.  Is there a way to get rid of the jumping ROKU letters ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Jumping ROKU Letters

Jump to solution

How is this roku stick plus powered? Using the tv usb port or plugged into a wall outlet? If its the tv usb port, which loses power when tv goes off and returns when it turned on, that like plugging and unplugging the power from the roku each time and after a power interruption you get the bouncing roku.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

How is this roku stick plus powered? Using the tv usb port or plugged into a wall outlet? If its the tv usb port, which loses power when tv goes off and returns when it turned on, that like plugging and unplugging the power from the roku each time and after a power interruption you get the bouncing roku.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
georgette1
Level 7

Mine jum too and then loss connection!!!!!Re: Jumping ROKU Letters

Jump to solution

Mine jump too and then connection is lost!!!!!!   "incompatible video signal has been received. heck the output device settings.

0 Kudos
Scooter2
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am connected via USB port - will go directly to the wall plug and see if that helps - never thought about that.  Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Scooter2
Level 8

Jump to solution

Winner - winner - chicken dinner.  No more jumping letters !!  Plugging into wall outlet cured the problem -- many thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos