Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowDirector
Level 7

Issues Adding 2nd Roku Device

Setup account for 1st Roku device. Used e-mail, password and PIN and all was well. Went to add a Roku Express to same account today. Fired it up, went through the settings and it took me to the new account page. Entered e-mail thinking it would take me to add account page but it took me to new account page. I already have an existing account so looked for how to add it to existing account but no option.

Went to login to my account and now Roku says my e-mail isn't registered as having an account.

Why did my attempt to add second Roku device strip out my account info? (BTW the first Roku is still working fine).

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Issues Adding 2nd Roku Device

@ShowDirector 

Thanks for the post.

We would first recommend looking at Settings > System > About in the Roku device that is working to verify the information that your Roku device that is working is accurate.

If everything is good on that end, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the device that is NOT working and trying to setup and activate it linking it to the same Roku account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos