Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leongkh
Level 7

Is there a simple list of channel available that i can keyword search?

Hi,

I am looking for a service that can be provided to my hotel guest.

The Channel being requested are

CCTV4 (China)

CNN

BBC

StarsTV

HBO Channels

NHK World Premium

Is It possible that I just pay for some account for my guest to use?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Is there a simple list of channel available that i can keyword search?

On the main Roku web site, you can do a keyword search for a channel (https://www.roku.com/whats-on). But that is going to return channels available in the US. Depending on your location, Roku may have a country-specific web site that offers more localized search. There are also a number of web sites that offer lists of favorite channels, but again they may be country-specific. 

I would be very careful offering guests access to channels that you pay for, unless those channels don't have on-demand purchasing ability. Someone could really run up your account bill with pay per view. And what one person watches could influence what the next guest sees on the screen. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
lostcowboy
Level 8

Re: Is there a simple list of channel available that i can keyword search?

this article Watch Live Mandarin TV talks about Sling TV having some of what you want. I didn't know they had international channels.

0 Kudos