Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is a set up for an outdoor TV any different?

Hello Roku folks.  I purchased a Furrion outdoor TV and all of the plug ins are tucked away in the back of the TV. I have the stick in HDMI 1 but after watching the directions, I am now believing that these other items need to be plugged in as well.  I haven't used a Roku in a while but always though only the stick needed to be plugged in.  Am I wrong?  Perhaps I need the extender?  I'm stuck, thanks folks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is a set up for an outdoor TV any different?

@DeeJay100 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you are asking? The only thing that needs to be plugged into the TV for your Roku device is the device itself through the HDMI port. You can also power the device through the TV USB port, but we would recommend plugging that directly into a power outlet.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny, thanks for your quick response.  I have the device plugged into my tv (into HDMI1) but it does not appear to be working because when I turn my TV on and select HDMI1, nothing happens. The green light is blinking on the remote, however, I do not get the Roku sign indicating that I've connected.   Do I need the extender piece ?  I'm including the name/model number of the tv I purchased.  There you should be able to tell that in the space where the device goes, the device is a bit longer than the space provided.   Furrion 43" Class LED Outdoor 4K UHD.  Model #FDUP43CBR.   Thanks so much, I hope this makes sense!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

You need to plug in the power (looks like a micro-USB connector).  Use the supplied power adapter, not the USB port on you TV (if it has one).

0 Kudos