Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitchmcc
Reel Rookie

Insufficient power !!! How to fix

I keep having a insufficient power message after checking wall outlet and using the cables that came with my roku. My email address is [personal information removed] please help fix this problem work fine then all the sudden this happens. I have even tried to press and hold the reset button does not work to fix the problem 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Insufficient power !!! How to fix

@Mitchmcc 

Never give your email address or other information in a public forum. You can edit the post by clicking the three dots to the far right of your name.

To your question... pressing the reset button simply initiates a factory reset. And, depending on how long you held it, it may or may not be a full factory reset. And that's could cause another complication, so refrain from that until other avenues are exhausted.

What device to you have? What's the model number and OS version/build? If it boots, Settings > System > About

Out of left field, I know, but have you verified the outlet has correct polarity? I know that sounds silly, but a family member had a single outlet wired incorrectly for years, and only occasionally had problems. Once the wiring issue was discovered and corrected, the occasional problem became a never problem. And, yes, I realize it's more likely that it's the Roku than a incorrectly wired outlet, but I learned a long time ago that the impossible should be checked on occasion.

As it's more likely that it's related to the Roku, the model number will offer help regarding the power supply and what to check for. Depending on the model number, the power supply could be easy to check, and that may be the cause of the issue, rather than the actual Roku device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Insufficient power !!! How to fix

Hi @Mitchmcc,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.
Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos